Click Here to Goto the Home PageClick Here to goto the Home Page

Booneville, the seat of Owsley County, is located on the South Fork of Kentucky River at KY 11 and KY 30. The site was once known as Boones Station, Daniel Boone having once camped in the area, and Moores Station, for a family of late eighteenth century settlers. Elias Moore donated land for a seat for the new county in 1843 and the town was incorporated Booneville in 1846. The Owsley Court House and post office opened in 1844 and was renamed Booneville in 1846.

Picture of the Week:


Edwin and Evelyn Brewer Botner.

 

 

 

Copyright Notice:


All files and photos formatted, transcribed, purchased, submitted, selected, and published at our discretion will forever remain free at no cost to the public. Files and photos cannot be linked, copied, displayed , published or stored to any other media, book, or web site without specific written permission from the Owsley County Historical Society. This web site was created for researchers of Owsley County Kentucky. This copyright notice is to remain on this web site. Protected by U.S., and International copyright laws. © 2005



 
Loading